Media and Information Literacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Culture

+22
AdrianDiegoPrado
Mosot.Jamellah
CsaTolentino
Angelaroa
Nichol John F. Famadico
miraflor anacio
cliffordjohn.velasco15
Jed Bere
knowelljan.partoza29
bayaban_romela
Rodil.Gilbert.11
esthervictorio
alfonso.yahra01
SJAreola
louieairvin.saway
Rivera.John.Michael.R
Carl Padama
escala.krist
salango.lester
ellaelaeh
DRAVEN
Neil.Xtian
26 posters
Go down
paulinekatemanahanlee
MASTER

Digital Culture - Page 4 Empty Re: Digital Culture

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm
The video is truly an eye-opener to everyone.
alfaro_ericaaa
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:42 pm
Do you think we can possibly change the drastic negatvie effect of today's digital culture?
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:00 pm
paulinekatemanahanlee wrote:The video is truly an eye-opener to everyone.

i agree, it clearly showed how humanity easily gets influenced by popular things.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 pm
alfaro_ericaaa wrote:Do you think we can possibly change the drastic negatvie effect of today's digital culture?

first of all, change is can go two ways. if its about changing to be worse than it is now, then it definitely would.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 pm
Nichol John F. Famadico wrote:Digital culture in the virtual society is great too.

How "great" is it exactly? it doesn't really matter what it is. As long as it has people in it, its definitely bad.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:08 pm
CsaTolentino wrote:The video is disturbing as it portrays the negative effects of media. But I think it reminds me that we should limit the power of media in a positive way and not let the media control our whole way of living

It is disturbing. but isn't reality disturbing as well? in fact, reality is worse than whats on social media. That is why it is popular in the first place.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:12 pm
AdrianDiegoPrado wrote:is technology bad for the people?
\

it is but it isn't. You probably cant live without internet for a week. So, tell me if its bad or not.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 pm
Angelaroa wrote:How can you be so sure that the technology and the Internet really affect the way people act???

Simply based on the fact that Youtube exists as a platform is more than enough. due to how easy people access the internet, people try to get popular by posting content which in turn gives them revenue.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm
SJAreola wrote: Do you think the technology have too much power?

Yes... Yes it does. Since most people rely on the internet for most things.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm
SJAreola wrote:Does the media care more about truth or profits?

Definitely profits. Because the truth can probably give you some cash, but a straight out lie with some sugar coating of flattery in it can give you loads of money.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:22 pm
knowelljan.partoza29 wrote:So what is digital culture, a advantage or disadvantage to us?

it can go both side depending on how you take advantage of it. So, you better use it right to get all the good things from it.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm
Rodil.Gilbert.11 wrote:In your opinion, is technology have more negative or positive effects in ou society?

POSITIVE!! just imagine life without phones. definitely not worth it.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 pm
esthervictorio wrote:in the course of things, why would social media be harmful?

first of all, it IS already harmful to us. we just dont see it yet. In fact, we refuse to see it.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:37 pm
bayaban_romela wrote:I personally think that the video (or short film, rather) doesn't present anything entirely new, albeit things and the issues presented have evolved in a newer form.

The world has been literally this way ever since the old times. Besides, using the internet is just another way of distracting ourselves from our mundane, dreadful lives. I'm not saying that we shouldn't take action on what's happening, but you get the idea that old people or older generations always think that their times were better, just because they're doing things in a more complicated way. Not to generalize but they always seem to hate the fad. Just imagine when the first wheel was invented. Old people: "Oh, I used to carry this rock with my bare arms, look at how better I am than you because you're doing things easier! You don't even know how to lift a rock!"

Thing is, this video is good, it has a wake-up call, but as for me--well, I find it boring. As I have said, it's always been this way. We humans never learn, and history just keeps on repeating itself. The Earth would be a nicer place though if we would fade away to the oblivion because of our own misdeeds.

So true! nonetheless, I think that the problem lies on the fact that people (the new generation) tend to over use the power of internet and media per se. It is true that the world never did change, it still sucks... What did changed is the way people see the world. due to how fast information travels nowadays, people tend to ignore the things in front of them and focus their attention to whats happening elsewhere.

Therefore, the video showed the "new" world that we see virtually. A world better than the old, unreasonable world that old people love.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm
Do you think that digital culture would be the reason for the human race`s extinction?

Last edited by ceddyAustria on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 pm
esthervictorio wrote:Is it bad to use social media?

Not really, it would only be "bad" if people used it that way. Because an item cannot think for itself, its worth is determined from its user.
ceddyAustria
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Jed Bere wrote:For you, what do you think is the way to change the way people live their lives dependent on gadgets?

You cant change popular opinion. Since the day that gadgets became a thing, people are already head over heels for it. So, I suggest that you just let it be and just do your own thing.
Yveth Arogante
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm
salango.lester wrote:The video showed the negative effects of Digital world, do you think humans can survive this happening if it continues?
I don't think that humans can survive from this sad reality
Yveth Arogante
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:37 pm
SJAreola wrote: Do you think the technology have too much power?
Yes. It can influence other people in different ways.
Yveth Arogante
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:50 pm
SJAreola wrote:What images spring to mind when you hear the word ‘digital culture’?
Gadgets.
Yveth Arogante
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:52 pm
Rodil.Gilbert.11 wrote:Do you think that there is point in time that the world we live in today will turn in to the world that the video shows?
I think it's already happening
Yveth Arogante
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 pm
salango.lester wrote:What do you call a person who is exposed to digital world since birth?
Digital native
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum